Team Peacock 2022
Pedaling for a Purpose
- There’s a HUGE VALUE! In addition to gaining lots of new friends and enjoying camaraderie along the ride, Team Peacock will pay each rider’s RAGBRAI wristband fee ($190 value), and provide new riders with a Team Peacock biking jersey ($60 value).
- Enjoy the luxuries of the Peacock Support Crew! They will take care of your camping accommodations on the route. Locations vary, but in the past they have included alumni residences, city and state parks. The Team Peacock crew will set up camp each day for riders including setting up tents and making available portable hot showers and restrooms when not provided by a host. Drink station and breakfast/snack bar includes water, sports drinks, ice, light snacks, bananas and coffee. In addition, daily laundry service is provided for the riders’ cycling gear. Transportation services will ensure your personal gear is safely and securely transported to the starting point as well as each town along the route. Each rider shall pay a $125 week-long camp fee (or $30 per day for daily riders) which helps offset expense of amenities previously mentioned.
- Make a difference for Upper Iowa University! Team Peacock is a fundraising venture for UIU. Each rider may select a University fund, project or program to support. Options include, but are not limited to: scholarships, Dean’s funds, UIU Fund, and athletics. Team members are responsible for a fundraising goal, based on the categories below. 100% goal fulfillment is required by Friday, July 22, 2022. The Alumni Office will provide some marketing and fundraising support for participants, but ultimately it is up to each rider to creatively and aggressively meet their goal.
|Fundraising Details:||Week-long Rider Goal||Daily Rider Goal (minimum 3 days)|
|Individual||$750||$200 per day|
|Couples / Team of 2||$1,200||$250 per day|
|Team of 3||$2,000||$350 per day|
Team Peacock Sponsorships are a great way to show your commitment to all riders and support crew members. To thank our sponsors, each will receive public recognition along the route, on this Team Peacock webpage, and on UIU social media pages. Signature Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
- Transportation Sponsor: ($1,000) Thank you, Josh ’01 & Veronica Cheek!
- Camp Sponsor: ($500) Thank you, Chad ’93 & Laura Bernard!
- Sports Drink Sponsor: ($500) Thank you, Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King!
- Ice Sponsor: ($500) Thank you, Jason ’17 & Maggie Berggren!
- Coffee Sponsor: ($100) Thank you, Dr. Paul Skrade!
- Laundry Sponsor: ($100) Thank you, Tom ’75 & Kathy Petsche!
- Protein Bar Sponsor: ($100) Thank you, Mike Kerns & Kerns Company Inc!
- Banana Sponsor: ($50) Thank you, Carol Langerman-Aten ’14!
- Chocolate Milk Sponsor: ($50) Thank you, Leona Danker!
Please direct sponsorship donations to uiu.edu/give. Select “Team Peacock General Fund” designation and include a note with the sponsor option you wish to select. Thank you!
|Monday, March 28, 2022||Deadline to sign up with Team Peacock / Camp Fee payment is your required deposit|
|Friday, July 22, 2022||Hit your fundraising goal!|
|Friday, July 22, 2022||Kickoff dinner + team meeting in Fayette|
|Saturday, July 23, 2022||Load gear on Team Peacock bus, leave for starting town (or meet us there)|
|Sunday-Saturday, July 23-30, 2022||RAGBRAI XLIX|
3 Steps to Join the Team!
- Complete the Online Rider Agreement Form (see below)
- Pay your Camp Fee deposit at uiu.edu/Give. $125 per person or $30/day for daily riders. Select the designation Team Peacock General Fund.
- RAGBRAI.com registration needs to be completed. However, since their April 1 registration deadline has passed, please contact the Alumni Office at [email protected] for further instruction on completing this step.
Completion of these three steps is required in order to reserve your spot on our roster.